You can develop symptoms of Headache at any time, before or after a headache. These symptoms can include but are not limited to:
- Moderate to severe pain, usually confined to one side of the head during an attack, but can occur on either side of the head
- The pain is usually a severe, throbbing, pulsing pain
- Increasing pain during physical activity
- Inability to perform regular activities due to pain
- Feeling sick and physically being sick
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound, relieved by lying quietly in a darkened room
- Some people experience other symptoms such as sweating, temperature changes, tummy ache and diarrhea.
s with aura
Some people also experience Headache with an aura, which can cause:
- Confusing thoughts or experiences
- The perception of strange lights, sparkling or flashing lights
- Zigzag lines in the visual field
- Blind spots or blank patches in the vision
- Pins and needles in an arm or leg
- Difficulty speaking
- Stiffness in the shoulders, neck or limbs
- Unpleasant smells.
sufferers that have unusual headaches that feel different than their usual headaches should seek medical help.
Experiencing strange symptoms should not be ignored. These can grow in strength and size, and can lead to other medical issues.
For many migraine sufferers, the auras act as a warning, telling them that the headache is soon to come.
sufferers can also find themselves with real debilitating problems, such as vision loss or headaches that require them to lay in a dark room. If you have these issues, please call Neuropax Clinic at 314-434-7784 or visit www.neuropaxclinic.com for more information.